Thursday, January 24, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: Cut Copy & The Presets US Concerts Supporting New Releases

Testing, 1… 2…. Yes, I'm breaking the radio silence from setting up the new home for TixGirl.com to report some awesome news: My two fave Australian bands, Cut Copy and The Presets, both have new albums queued up to drop within the next several months. And they're coming to the US for some rare show dates! Oh happy day!


Here's the super-secret scoop, before the press releases hit the wires… Cut Copy will be playing:
3/10 Los Angeles @ The Echo
3/12 SXSW @ Modular showcase
3/15 Brooklyn @ Studio B
3/17 New York @ Mercury Lounge

Could I be more psyched? Um, no. This will be my first time EVER seeing Cut Copy. Did I mention EVER? Despite the fact that I’ve been spreading the word like a dance evangelist and turning it up to 11 every chance I get, I’ve yet to see the mad Melbournians live. If you haven’t heard their last album, Bright Like Neon Love, run straight to your local iTunes Search Box and buy yourself a little helping of boogie goodness.

The Presets, they of the eclectic dance insanity from Sydney, are dropping their new album shortly, too.  Rumor has it they’ll be in LA for a few intimate dates long before they return for their proper North American tour behind the new album. You lucky Angelenos!  P.S. The US tour kicks off in May or June.

Between the Cut Copy and Presets news, and Justice at WAMU Theater at MSG, my Spring promises to be just as full of incredible electronic music shows as was my 2007. Now if only my fave Australian soloist, Sarah Blasko, could be induced to follow their examples. (*sigh*) Sarah or no, I’m so excited I can barely see straight.

No comments: