Tuesday, October 31, 2006

CMJ Madness in NYC: Where I'll Be

Yes, indeed. It's that time of year again. Not just Halloween (my favorite holiday), but also CMJ, when music biz types are out in force, partying with their fave bands. It's going to be a crazy week for this here TixGirl. How bout you?

TixGirl's CMJ Calendar (so far)...

10/31: Flavorpill's 6th Anniversary Halloween Party
Where: At a super-secret location
Featuring: Spankrock, CSS, Jennifer Cardini, Bassnectar, MC Kila Kella (and a surprise set by Louie Vega).
Costume: I'll be the gal in the Venetian Carnivale Costume. In other words, I'll look like a cross between Snow White's Wicked Stepmother and a serving wench from the Renaissance... in a mask.

11/1: Zombie Prom by +1, I HEARTCOMIX, Viva La Rock and URB Magazine
Where: BED
Featuring: Lupe Fiasco, Monsters are Waiting, Matt and Kim, and Fields and DJs Franki Chan, The Bangers and Campfire Jay.
Costume: The theme is a prom, so I'm thinking ballgown. Or maybe a haunted ballgown? Um, er, well, maybe I'll just recycle my prior outfit, ditch the mask, add a red apple, and actually go as Snow White's Wicked Stepmother.

11/2: The Party That Started A Revolution / Marie Antoinette by Filter Magazine
Where: Hiro Lounge, at the Maritime Hotel
Featuring: Bow Wow Wow, Windsor for the Derby, Ra Ra Riot & DJs.
Costume: Thankfully, Halloween will have worn off by Thursday, so no costumes required.

11/3: The Decemberists
Where: Hammerstein
Featuring: Alasdair Roberts
Costume: I'll be dressed as a photographer in the photo pit.


No comments: