Tuesday, January 16, 2007

HOT TIP: Neko Case Streaming Live, plus Paolo Nutini & Imogen Heap

One of the most exciting concert experiences I had in the last year was a triple-header at Brooklyn's McCarren Park Pool featuring Martha Wainwright (goddess), Joanna Newsom (pixie), and Neko Case, the inimitable foot-stompin queen of alt-country. Never having seen Neko live before, I was an instant fan. She was downright spellbinding -- quite a presence has she. Her performance held me at rapt attention, and her between-song banter was downright hilarious. As you are my witness, I'll never miss another Neko show again (knock on keyboard).

Neko Case @ McCarren
See a slideshow of the whole trio of powerhouse gals in Brooklyn!

So, you can imagine my glee when I discovered that Spinner's 3x3 concert series is currently streaming one of Neko's live shows in Austin, TX. Also featured this week are live shows from the Scottish newcomer Paolo Nutini and Frou Frou's Imogen Heap. Check Neko and the rest of 'em out here:
Spinner.com 3x3: Live Rock 'n' Roll on the Count of Three

No comments: