Friday, September 7, 2007

NEW PHOTOS & VIDEO: Paul Van Dyk at Central Park Summerstage New York 8/18/07

Paul Van Dyk @ Central Park 081807-072

Paul Van Dyk threw one of the best parties of the 2007 season at Central Park
Summerstage. After Daft Punk blew everyone's minds at Coney Island's Keyspan Park, I
harbored doubts that any electronic show could sway me, or my feet for that matter.
Nevertheless, I came to Rumsey Playfield ready to dance -- not just shoot. And so did
the rest of the crowd, without a doubt.



Far more wise in the ways of the internationally feted DJ, this
crowd knew Herr Van Dyk would bring more than just beats.

I stand corrected.

Paul Van Dyk @ Central Park 081807-040    Paul Van Dyk @ Central Park 081807-181    Paul Van Dyk @ Central Park 081807-211   

He played for more than 4 hours straight, without a break. And for roughly the last hour,
a live drummer and keyboardist accompanied him behind a parade of guest vocalists.
This was more of a live performance than I've seen before at many an electronic show.
After 3 hours of dancing our asses off, he made it all sound new again for another hour.
Energy never flagged - neither for him, nor his audience. I respect that.

If this is how he rolls, sign me up to catch the next installment of Van Dyk's annual
party under the stars at Summerstage. How bout you?



MORE PAUL VAN DYK:
--See the Live Gallery
--Watch the Live Videos


No comments: