Thursday, May 18, 2006

BREAKING NEWS: Bloc Party On Sale This Weekend

Bloc Party concert tour tickets go on sale May 20th!

I'm beside myself with glee! By far my favorite performance at Coachella, and a large part of why I bought the plane ticket to Cali in the first place, Bloc Party are heading back to do a proper North American tour! Finally I'll get to see them play a full-length headlining gig! Don't get me wrong, the beating down desert sun was an unforgettable way to see a quartet of my fave Brit musicians literally sweating it out to give us their all. But it was just way too short a set to be truly satisfying. I want more, dammit!

Ask and ye shall receive... Tickets go on sale Saturday, 5/20.

Here's their tour itinerary, courtesy of Press Here Publicity:

6/24/06 -- Toronto, ON -- Olympic Island Festival
6/25/06 -- Chicago, IL -- Vice's Intonation Festival @ Union Park
7/28/06 -- Boston, MA -- Bank Pavilion -- (on sale May 20th) *
7/29/06 -- Brooklyn, NY -- McCarran Pool -- (on sale May 20th) *
8/1/06 -- Anaheim, CA -- The Grove -- (on sale May 20th) %
8/3/06 -- Los Angeles, CA -- Greek Theatre -- (on sale May 20th) +
8/4/06 -- Berkeley, CA -- Greek Theatre -- (on sale May 26th) +
8/5/06 -- San Diego, CA -- Street Scene
8/8/06 -- Mexico City, Mex -- TBA
8/9/06 -- Houston, TX -- Warehouse Live -- (on sale May 20th)
8/10/06 -- Austin, TX -- Stubbs BBQ -- (on sale May 20th)

* - with Secret Machines
+ - with Broken Social Scene

In other words, Mew will open all of the upcoming July/August shows, with Secret Machines and Broken Social Scene supporting on select dates.

Here's a quick link for Saturday:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003CACB004F7EA?brand=aol 

See you in Brooklyn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!  Got my tickets!  Sooooo psyched.

Anonymous said...

Why the HELL will they not come through DC? That's it, I'm moving to NY.