Wednesday, December 6, 2006

BUZZ BAND: of Montreal On Tour

I'm thrilled to report that of Montreal, one of the most exciting buzz bands to enter my universe in 2006, has a massive early 2007 club tour planned. I hope that all of you will sit up and take notice, the way their decidedly loyal cult fanbase have over their roughly 10 year existence.

I fell in love with their last release, Sunlandic Twins. One of the most addictive indie-disco albums of 2006, it was Sunlandic Twins that induced me to catch their set at Irving Plaza in September. I've rarely seen that kind of outrageous theatricality in a straight man, let alone a whole band. Imagine the Scissor Sisters gone straight, and updating their retro-disco flavor as next-century indie electro-pop. They were phenomenal performers, with a rich back catalog to draw from. I was hooked.

And you will be, too.

So pick up a copy of their new album, Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? Then catch them on one of their many upcoming tour dates. It's an exhaustive list, so you have no excuse -- they're definitely coming to a town near you. (Look for me at their Irving Plaza shows. I'll be right up front shaking my butt.)

Get the full tour schedule at the of Montreal MySpace page.

BONUS: You can listen to the new album in its entirety for free at of Montreal's website!  Listen: Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?

Technorati Tags:  | | | | |

No comments: