Thursday, May 1, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: McCarren Park Pool Parties Announce Free Summer 2008 Shows

Yet another reminder of why I heart Brooklyn Vegan so v. v. much. He tells me about awesome things like The Breeders rumored to be signed on to play a FREE show at McCarren Park Pool. (*sigh*)  Brooklyn Vegan, you make my day.

OK, just in case you missed it, allow me to repeat the important stuff:
--The Breeders
--FREE
--McCarren Park Pool in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

McCarren Park Pool 2006   McCarren Park Pool 2006

Yes, that's right kids, JellyNYC's annual Sunday Pool Parties are back at McCarren  for 2008. Hallelujah! I've been lucky enough in the past to catch ?uestlove and Beirut for free, thanks to JellyNYC. So here's the deets according to Brooklyn Vegan:
JellyNYC is confirming that the following artists will play free Sunday shows in Brooklyn's McCarren Pool this summer:
The Breeders, MGMT, The Hold Steady, Liars, Aesop Rock, Black Lips, Deerhunter, Fuck Buttons, Matt Kim, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Team Robespierre, The Loved Ones, Panther, King Khan and His Shrines, & Ting Tings
Joy! The last time I saw the Breeders they were opening up for Nirvana. Yes, I am that old. (Shhhh, don't tell anybody.)

No comments: