Monday, April 24, 2006

BREAKING NEWS: GNR to Play NYC

You'll never believe: Axl Rose and the current lineup of Guns n' Roses are ready to play their first NY gigs in years!  Tickets went on sale April 21st for their two dates at Hammerstein Ballroom, May 15th and 17th.

Need tickets? Get 'em here.

I can't say I'm excited, but I will admit this is one of those jaw-dropping revelations. Whodathunk that Axl could get it together enough to actually book the date?!  Here's hoping he shows up to play it!

Meanwhile, askerin had the following to say about her last GNR experience:

"i have to say, i saw the last show GNR played -- and i do mean the last: it was after the MSG show i saw that he canceled that tour so mysteriously -- and it was just weeeeeeeird. axl ran offstage between every song to change his shirt. it was like they had a fleet of axl robots lined up back there."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't pay to see that shit unless they got the original members back. That means Izzy and Steven. Slash's Hat is the shit, but Buckethead? Give me a fuckin' break. I'd rather go to KFC and eat, than see that shit!

Anonymous said...

I for one am anxous for the New GnR to get on the road,they dont need Slash and Izzy,  Axl Rose IS Guns and Roses. I loved the original band , but Axl is what made them great, he is the best rock n roll front man ever.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loooove GNR!- And yes...Axl has been an @$$, but let's hope that is behind him.  It would be awesome if all the originals were 2gether. I love and have respect for all, but without Axl Rose, it wouldn't be the same.Cut him some slack. We can't all be perfect.

Anonymous said...

Yea lets see how fast axel can start a riot or get pissed off at nothing and cancel the tour . What a fricking  LOOSER. save your money !!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who cares about Axl Rose & GnR??  How '80s & '90s!!

Anonymous said...

Any bets -- will AXL even show up??? lol

Anonymous said...

Axl - he was a god when i was out there getting my party wings... i'd love to see him...:::sigh:::..of course i'd wet my pants if we could ever get the original lineup back on stage.  Even so, i'd still shell out the $$ just for the experience!  I got a lot of memories wrapped up with those guys!!!!!  He just wasn't ready before - i don't blame him - if you can't stand your own music, why share it until it measures up?!?