Thursday, August 31, 2006

From the MTV VMAs: After-Party Hopping

As I sit here in my Rockefeller Plaza office, primping as if I'm some VIP (even if only in my head) to the sounds of screams from Radio City Music Hall, just two doors down, I'm reminded of all the star-studded partying that will take place long after the at-home viewers have turned off their boob tubes and the Tivos have ceased recording.

The hottest ticket in town is currently AOL Music's own Welcome Home party for Lil' Kim. Not that I'm a Lil' Kim fan. Not at all, actually. But the fact that it's hosted by Russell Simmons, Missy Elliott, Queen Latifah, Marc Jacobs and (*gush*) Mos Def, among others, makes it tops in my book. Hang out by Nikki Beach at 151 E. 50th Street betwen 10pm and 5am, and you just may catch one of us slinking thru the door. (Not sure you'll recognize me? Check out my AIMpage pics.)

Didn't score an invite? Don't fret. I'll be sure to post some photos tomorrow, bright and early. And don't worry, there are lots more parties to choose from. In fact, we've compiled a list of all the MTV VMA After Parties going down in NYC on this fine late summer evening. Send some paparazzi shots, if you got 'em.

No comments: