Tuesday, April 17, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: Lily Allen Postpones Most US Shows

Well this is a new one. Emerging pop star cancels tour to... wait for it... record more. No post-DUI rehab, fisticuffs with tourmates, nor discreet "recovery time" in a posh resort until the bruising heals. Nope, I guess she'd just rather record for her fans, than play the music live for her fans. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Folks with tickets to her shows in Seattle, Los Angeles, New York, and Charleston, SC, plus Coachella and Bonnaroo, are in luck. She's kept those dates.

Folks with tickets to the other shows, don't lose hope. She hasn't canceled them completely. But she hasn't announced when the make-up dates will be, either.

Here's the word from LiveDaily.com...

"I want to give my best to every audience I play to but, at the same time, I am itching to get back in the studio to start recording these great new songs, to keep things fresh for the audience and for myself," the singer said in a press statement. "I am not falling apart at the seams, I am not suffering with exhaustion, I am not pregnant, and I am not going to rehab. I will be here in America, promoting the album and also starting to write the second album, which I am beyond excited about."

The postponed dates have not yet been rescheduled, but Allen's publicist said the shows will be made up "later in the year."




No comments: